Thursday, September 10, 2009

Letter to my family

The last time I saw my grandpa
I wanted to share something at the funeral and since I am not there to sing I thought I could put my thoughts down and send a poem for you guys to read. I love you all and miss you guys. Give my love to everyone and although I am not able to be there I am carrying you all in my heart.
Love you,
Alicia

My grandpa was my hero. He had a good heart and I could see why him and my grandma loved each other so much. He showed me persistance pays off. He was always a fighter even in the end. Grandpa always had hope, he believed that good things come to those who believe. I still remember him telling me when he won big he would give me and the rest of us cousins all the money to go to college. I always held on to the hope that he would win, kinda silly I guess. I can't be there with everyone as he is laid to rest and I carry a heavy heart knowing that. As I sit here anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Austin I wish with all my heart I could be there with my family and say good bye in person. When my husband came home early from work to tell me my granfather was dying my heart broke, I knew he was getting old and would soon leave up but for some reason I alway thought it would be another day. The last time I spent with grandpa was at my wedding, I was able to dance with him, I am so glad he didn't fall. If I had a video of every time my grandpa fell I could fill every room in his house, no question about it he was clumsy, and I am sure I inherited that too, I run into everything and my dad will tell you usually its with my car, but luckily I don't get hurt. Everytime grandpa would fall I would hold my breath worried about him but he always laughed it off. I guess you kinda look at life that way we all fall a lot in life big and small but its when we pick ourselves up and are able to laugh at our perils that we can truly live life to its fullest. I have spent the last few days back and forth in the maternity ward at the hospital slowly progressing in labor. It is a slow and painful process any mother can attest to that. I am sure grandpa is surrounded by many family members and friends some that have known him a long time and others but a moment. I love my grandpa a lot and I will miss the eyes that lit up whenever you came to visit, the english that at times was broken, the smile that was hard to resist, and being called "grandma". Lets not forget what grandpa sometimes did, on accident of course. He never did forget the imporant stuff though, I would like to think there is a lot we can learn from him. Take these things and carry them in your heart; 1. live life to its fullest you never know when it will be your last day, 2. Keep your loved ones close they will be there always, 3. Laugh at your falls because it is only when you get back up can you truly enjoy the ups and learn from the downs. I love you all and hope to see everyone soon. Live Life, Laugh Often and Love Always!

Alicia


My Last Visit
© Alexis Abraham (edits by Alicia Summers)
It's time,
to say goodbye.
I'm so upset,
my mouth has gone dry.

Slowly I bend over,
and give you a kiss.
your brown eyes filled with sadness,
the time We spent together I will miss.

When I pull away,
with this pain in my heart.
I don't want you to leave me,
I don't want to be apart.

Sadly I know,
this goodbye means forever,
we have so many memories,
that I will always remember.

The drive back home,
was the saddest I ever had.
I cried so hard,
I felt so bad.

I prayed that God,
would let you stay.
But eventually He took you,
far away.

It's all for the best,
I learned to face.
you are free from pain,
and in a better place.

your memory is alive,
to this day.
I love you so much grandpa
even though your far away.

I know you look down on me,
and still love me with all your heart,
a bond so strong,
it will never break apart.

Please remember me,
and all the good times.
For I love you so much,
I put it in rhyme.

No comments:



My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones